terça-feira, 28 de junho de 2011

[EN] - RMAN set newname slowwwwwwwwwww

Well this was an interesting solution....

Problem:
A restore on a vm with windows for a 10.2.0.3 db, was taking something lik 50/60 seconds between the setnewname commands. I had 120 so, do the math. This was seriously cramping my style (and annoying me).

Solution:
I googled, then I metalinked (:D) and then I found the note
SET NEWNAME takes 2 minutes per file [ID 554923.1]
which told me to
"1) Move SET UNTIL TIME command just before RESTORE DATABASE command.
2) Move all SQL commands that are used to rename log file names, before SET UNTIL TIME command. "


Actually the note was dead on. I had the set until command before the newname commands.
The google part of the research, had already discovered other dbas with a similar problemas (although with duplicates) and their research found that the slow querys were on the v$log_history view.
http://ronr.blogspot.com/2009/07/rman-duplicate-database-slow.html
This indicated something related to archive logs.
Honestly I didn't think that the command's position mattered.
Live and learn. :D

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário