terça-feira, 14 de junho de 2011

[EN] - HAA in Oracle vs MySQL

well, the other day an interesting question came up, which led me to think "what if I wanted an EBS-like architecture with high availabity, but with MySQL?".

I have all the knowledge I need regarding what I need and how to configure and install all the components for such an architecture with oracle technology: RAC, shared storage, network, Web servers all this and more.
But how do I do this with MySQL? This is an interesting question for knowledge sake as well as for simple discussion on the benefits of the alternative.
After googling, I came across two new concepts (rather obviously named): MySQL Cluster and MySQL Replication.
mysql cluster (loosing the case text) looked like Oracle Real Application Cluster.
http://www.mysql.com/products/cluster/architecture.html

What I'm still questioning are the "data nodes". I need some more research to find a relation to the database nodes on RAC. This because I found mysql replication which had asynchronous data transmission and this does not garantee me data persistence (yet). But, I love to learn.
If these Data nodes use mysql replication, I need to read some more :D
more on this in the future.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário